Updated 15th May 2022.
LATEST PARAGUAY COVID-19 NEWS:
19th April 2022 – Paraguay have removed all internal COVID-19 related restrictions. Face coverings are still recommended but are not mandatory. Source.
Disclaimer: COVID-19 travel restrictions are changing every day and the following information reflects South America Backpacker’s understanding of the current entry rules. We update this article regularly to ensure the information is as current as possible but we cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
Paraguay Travel Restrictions
Can you travel to Paraguay right now?
Yes. To travel to Paraguay, the following restrictions apply.
Vaccinated travellers must provide proof of vaccination to enter Paraguay.
Unvaccinated travellers are required to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours prior to arriving in Paraguay.
Before you enter Paraguay, you will need:
Required Entry Documents
- Passport and visa as normal.
- Complete a Travellers Health Declaration Form. This must be completed 24 hours to 30 minutes before boarding your flight.
- Show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no longer than 72 hours before travelling – this is for unvaccinated travellers only.
- Show proof of travel insurance with COVID-19 cover – this does not apply to Paraguayan nationals or people from any MERCOSUR member or associate country (which is all South American nations except Venezuala who have been suspended from MERCOSUR as of 2016).
Our Recommended Travel Insurance During the COVID-19 Pandemic – SafetyWing’s Nomad Insurance.
COVID-19 Tests Required
- Pre-travel test taken no more than 72 hours before travel – This applies to unvaccinated travellers only.
Local COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
The rules and regulations below are only meant to serve as a guide and the situation is prone to change rapidly without warning. For more information on local rules and restrictions check official sources.
As of 23rd February 2022, Paraguay has lifted most of its COVID-19 restrictions.
- FACE COVERINGS – Face coverings are no longer mandatory but are recommended indoors and on public transport. Also see: Best face masks for travel.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING – No legal requirement to social distance.
- CURFEWS – No but this is subject to change with little notice.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT – Public transport is operating. Masks must be worn and social distancing should be employed wherever possible.
- VENUES AND GATHERINGS – Gatherings are allowed and shops are open as normal. However, this could change without notice.
- MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE – There are currently no restrictions on moving around the country.
Paraguay’s land borders are open.