Updated May 16th, 2018.
South America Backpacker is brought to you by the same people who created South East Asia Backpacker and Europe Backpacker.
In 2008, a 23-year old English backpacker called Nikki travelled from the UK to Kathmandu, then onward to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and the rest of South East Asia. She fell in love with the spontaneity of backpacking life and decided there and then that she never wanted to go home.
Along her journey, she met hundreds of like-minded travellers who all had something to share. She wanted to create a ‘travel diary for everyone’ – a place where backpackers could share their ideas and tales of sweet life on the open road!
She started to create a series of magazines under the umbrella Backpacker International – the first of which was the printed South East Asia Backpacker Magazine, which was distributed to hostels and adventure centres all along the backpacker trail. The magazine became famous as the place to go for backpackers planning their trip in South East Asia!
After publishing 30 print magazines over 5 years, Nikki decided to backpack to South America to explore the second most popular backpacking region in the world and start the second magazine – South America Backpacker.
After spreading the word of the Backpacker International brand to the South American Andes and the Caribbean shores… Nikki decided to travel closer to friends and family for once and make a base in beautiful Barcelona, to start the next leg of the journey – Europe Backpacker Magazine!
Explore the Backpacker International World…
Join us as we explore the world – backpacker style! Leaving no stone unturned as we delve into every nook and cranny of the backpacker experience – from the culture and environment to the nightlife and cuisine.
South East Asia Backpacker Magazine
- Visit the South East Asia Backpacker website.
- Read every magazine online here.
- Follow South East Asia Backpacker on Facebook.
- Follow South East Asia Backpacker on Twitter.
- Follow South East Asia Backpacker on Instagram.
South America Backpacker Magazine
- Visit the South America Backpacker website.
- Follow South America Backpacker on Facebook.
- Follow South America Backpacker on Twitter.
- Follow South America Backpacker on Instagram.
Europe Backpacker Magazine
- Visit the Europe Backpacker website.
- Follow Europe Backpacker on Facebook.
- Follow Europe Backpacker on Twitter.
- Follow Europe Backpacker on Instagram.