Note: As the trips include ocean sea passages, the organisers of this tour do not always have Internet access. In these instances it may take 2 or 3 days to respond to inquiries.
About the Ave Maria Sailing Boat:
The Ave Maria is a classic 50′ sailing ketch built to the highest standards providing classic comfort and modern safety. This traditional sailing yacht offers an all inclusive sailing experience from Cartagena, Colombia to Portobelo, Panama (and vice versa) via the San Blas Islands. Some of the equipment on board includes:
- MP3 speaker connection
- Charging capabilities for small devices
- DVDs and Movies
- Toilet / Bathroom
- 15 horse power dingy
- Provisioned and equipped life raft, radios & flares
- Masts, fins and snorkels
- Fishing tackle
- Backgammon and chess
- Ample space
- Comfortable beds
- Spacious decking
Tropical Island Paradises Like No Other!
The San Blas Islands are an archipelago in Panana consisting of approximately 370 islands and cays, of which only 49 are inhabited. The islands are strung out along the Caribbean coast, north of the Isthmus of Panama, east of the Panama Canal and stretch nearly all the way to the Colombian border.
On the 49 inhabited islands live this Kuna Indians who are a unique and independent indigenous group. They are not ruled by either the Colombian or Panama governments and have their own economic system, language, customs, culture, dress and music.
The area is extremely popular for sailing, as it is known for its beauty and lack of hurricanes. The islands are surrounded by ancient coral reefs which provide some of the most amazing snorkeling opportunities in the Americas. The best time for snorkeling is April – June.
Please note: Transfers to and from Panama City cost $5 per person.
What is included?
- 3 meals per day plus snacks and fresh fruit
- Unlimited drinking water
- FREE sunset cocktail every evening in San Blas
- Large deck
- Explore 3 different groups of islands
- 3 days exploring the archipelagos
- Great snorkelling opportunities – Fins, masks and snorkels available for guest use
- Inflatable dingy, double air bed, hammock etc.
- Charging ports and speaker to connect to your phone
- A chance to meet the locals
- A beach bonfire and BBQ
- Comfortable bed provided
- A quick deck shower each day to wash away the salt
- Economical transfer choices
- Most comfortable and safe route
What isn’t included?
- International Flights
- Personal expenses including tips
- Travel Insurance