Updated February 28th, 2019.
Rafting on the Jondachi and Hollín rivers in Tena, Ecuador is a must-do activity in South America for all adrenaline-seekers!
Boasting incredible scenery and bio-diversity in the heart of an Amazonian cloud forest, your exciting journey on the rapids is not only exhilarating but one of pure natural beauty.
See Info Pack Here: Full Day Rafting Trip – Jondachi-Hollín River.
What to expect on the Rafting Trip
- Jungle Trek – To get to the river, we will take an awesome 40-minute jungle trek and visit ‘El Gran Cañon’ – one of the most beautiful spots in Tena, where you can jump and swim in the clear, refreshing waters as you marvel at the untouched jungle around you.
- Wildlife Spotting – Along the way, you will see many different types of plants, flowers, insects, and animals that are indigenous to this part of the Amazon. You’ll see monkeys swinging through the trees as you navigate your raft through the rapids.
- Class III and IV Rapids – We start our trip on the Jondachi River where we’ll get into the rhythm of rafting with some Class III rapids. The Jondachi River is one of the most beautiful rivers in the world with its clear waters, smooth granite rocks and surrounding canyons. After that, we’ll up the level with some Class IV rapids on the Hollín River where you’ll experience bigger rapids and even more excitement and adrenaline. Don’t worry though, there are still some beautiful calm pools for relaxing and swimming on the Hollín and we’ll be sure to enjoy them along the way.
- Waterfalls – Be prepared to see some of the most beautiful gushing waterfalls that you’ve ever seen in your life!
- Lunch – Before transitioning from the Jondachi to the Hollín River, we’ll stop in the middle of the jungle in a beautiful spot to eat our lunch. The food is locally sourced, home-made, healthy and absolutely delicious!
- Utmost Respect to Safety and Professional Guidance – Our guides are very experienced, professional and extremely knowledgeable. All of our rafting guides are members of either the IRF (International Rafting Association) or the ACA (American Canoe Association). Your safety is our priority.
- Camaraderie and Fun! – Whilst safety is a priority, we manage to balance the serious side of rafting with having bags of fun at the same time. Our guides are approachable, entertaining and will make your trip memorable!
About Kayak Ecuador:
This rafting trip is organised by Kayak Ecuador, a licensed, professional and highly respected rafting and kayaking company in Tena, Ecuador. The company was founded by Santiago, who has competed professionally as a kayaker and rafter and has been exploring Ecuador over the past 25 years. The team at Kayak Ecuador contains highly experienced staff, including trained paramedics.