Join the expert chefs at Cusco Culinary in one of Peru’s most beautiful cities for a gastronomy experience you won’t forget!
Cooking Classes at Cusco Culinary
These cooking classes run daily, giving travellers the option to choose either a lunch or dinner lesson. Both options include a visit to the local’s favourite market: San Pedro. Here, you will purchase the ingredients needed to create your pre-selected menu. There is a variety of options which will vary depending on whether you choose a lunch or dinner class.
Vegetarian options are available. Please inform us ahead of time if you have any allergies.
Half Day Lunch Cooking Class (9 am – 1 pm)
The experience will begin with a visit to the San Pedro Market. It is here that you will meet your chef for the class. As you tour the market, you will learn about Peruvian culture and be introduced to some of the ingredients that you will be using later in the cooking lesson.
You will return to Cusco Culinary HQ in the centre of Cusco to crack on with the lesson. You will first learn how to make the Peruvian national drink: Pisco Sour.
The class will be led by a talented chef who will teach you how to make four courses of traditional Peruvian cuisine.
The menu for the lunch class is as follows:
- Appertif: Ceviche three ways – (Classic with lime), (Nikkei – Japanese/Peruvian fusion) and Mochica (ancestral in tumbo juice).
- Appertizer: Chinese, Peruvian style mushrooms with a mashua puree – Mashua is a tuber and the dish is served in Lomo Saltado style.
- Main Course: Quinoa Tamales – Made from a mix of quinoa and chilli paste. This dish comes served in steamed corn leaves.
- Dessert: Made from local fruits, including lúcuma, chirimoya and granadilla.
Half Day Dinner Cooking Class (3 pm – 7 pm)
The dinner experience also starts with a guided visit around San Pedro market to collect ingredients. It is a fascinating insight into daily life for Peruvians and you will also learn a lot about the local produce.
After the market visit, you will head back to central Cusco for the cooking class. Students will learn how to make Peru’s most famous cocktail, the Pisco Sour.
The menu for the dinner class is:
- Appertif: Ceviche three ways – (same as above).
- Appertizer: Potato and moraya soufflé in a yellow chilli and tarwi sauce.
- Main Course: Mushroom quinotto (made from quinoa) and flavoured with chilli.
- Dessert: A light dish made from native fruits.
What is included:
- All ingredients for dishes and Pisco Sour.
- Bottled water.
- Local taxes.
- Recipes to be sent via email after the class.
Know Before You Go…!
The Cusco Culinary Cooking Class will leave you very full so we don’t recommend having a big meal before the lesson!
There are no reviews yet.