Updated November 10th, 2019.
The awe-inspiring Cajas National Park is located just 40 minutes from the beautiful city of Cuenca, Ecuador. The park is home to a whopping 768 lakes that spread across an area of 70,533 acres. It’s a must visit for any nature lover visiting Cuenca!
1 Day Cajas National Park Tour
- You will be picked up from your hotel and escorted in a comfortable minivan to the entrance of Cajas National Park.
- We will begin the day with a trek through the beautiful cloud forest, learning about this unique exosystem from the knowledgeable guide.
- After the trek, we will explore the dividing inland waterway and take a drive up to the highest point of the park, Tres Cruces, where you can enjoy spectacular panoramic views of the national park.
- In the afternoon, we will explore the wetlands and visit the unique and bizarre forest of Polylepis trees. The Polylepis trees are native to South America and are the highest growing trees on the planet.
- We will have lunch in a local restaurant where the speciality is fresh trout.
- We will return to Cuenca by minivan around 4 pm.
Departure point: Free Pick up at hotel
Starting Time: 8:00 am
Duration of tour: Approx. 7 hours
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
- Licensed tour guide English/Spanish
A Note on Prices
The price of $49.99 depends on there being a group tour that you can join on this date. For tours with 1-5 customers, your bilingual guide will also be your driver. For tours with more than 5 passengers, an extra bilingual guide will accompany a driver.