Updated August 16th, 2018.
“Backpacker budget meets hotel style luxury, in one of the swankiest hostels we’ve ever found! This three-floor hostel in Santa Marta touts two pools, a private cinema room, pod-style beds, and plenty of room for relaxing.”
Masaya Hostel, Santa Marta, Colombia
What makes Masaya unique?
1. Pod Style Dorm Beds: Privacy is a thing of luxury while you backpack and Masaya has made sure you’ll get plenty during your stay. Each dorm bed can be curtained off with its own reading lamp creating the illusion that you are staying in your own room. Ahhh, how wonderful!
2. Two Pools! The first thing you notice when you walk into Masaya is the pool and your first thought will most likely be that you are out of your budget. Luckily you’re not meaning that for the price of a dorm bed you can enjoy either Masaya’s first-floor pool or rooftop pool if you fancy a spectacular pool while you dip!
3. Cultural Activities: Masaya is committed to bringing Colombian’s amazing culture inside the walls of the hostel. Each night a different activity is offered from concerts to documentary film showings- you won’t be bored.
4. Plenty of Space to Relax: Three floors of amenities means that there may be times when it’s hard to find other guests! The first floor boasts a computer room as well as a beautiful pool. The second floor has a large social area as well as a private cinema room for watching either your own films or the ones provided by Masaya. While the third floor is entirely dedicated to relaxation, a terrace pool, hammock area and lounge chairs, a social area complete with bar, as well as a large and impressively clean kitchen. Trust us you could stay here for a week and forget to check out Santa Marta!
5. A Hotel Feel on a Budget: Just take a look at the above photos and it’s easy to see that Masaya looks like five star luxury minus the price. Clean lines, tall ceilings, spotless spaces, and modern touches, this place says anything but ‘hostel’.
Location: Calle 14 # 04-80. Centro historico, Santa Marta, Colombia.
Prices: Dorm beds starting at 22,000 COP per night.